Have you ever wondered what NLP is amidst the flurry of corporate buzzwords and personal development jargon? You’re not alone. Often, the concept of NLP can seem hard to tie down, leaving you with more questions than answers. I invite you to read on and discover how it can change your life as it did for me.
Why Should You Explore NLP Coaching?
Before we start, let’s explore what NLP even stands for! NLP stands for Neuro Linguistic Programming. It’s essentially all about mindset and helping you get out of your own way. Often described as a ‘manual for the mind’. So, why is it worth your consideration:
If you have ever felt the need to:
- Master your unhelpful thinking patterns and break free from limitations and self-sabotage strategies
- Gain control of your emotions and behaviours – so you don’t get so easily triggered or wound up
- Get clarity on your purpose and why you’re even here – making your dreams and aspirations more tangible so you can realise your goals
- Work out what will make you feel happier, more joyful and more fulfilled in either your career or personal life
- Find out how to better manage or even reduce your stress levels, overwhelm or anxiety Perhaps you’ve plagued by negative emotions from your past like anger, fear, sadness, hurt and guilt
- Boost your confidence so you can finally take the action you wish to
… then NLP could hold the key to unlocking these transformations. Read on to uncover more.
What is Neuro Linguistic Programming, and Where Did it Originate?
NLP, or Neuro Linguistic Programming, traces its origins back to California in the 1970’s. It was developed by Richard Bandler, a mathematics enthusiast, and John Grinder, a professor of Linguistics at Santa Cruz University in California. Their journey involved studying successful people and attempting to understand what made these successful people successful. What made them different. What was it these people were doing that others weren’t. It was their mission to study excellence and to help others to replicate it.
Their work led them to discover how powerful people’s beliefs were in terms of their success. They worked to understand what was most important to people and what was motivating and driving them – we refer to these as our values. They worked to understand what these successful people did in their minds – their thinking processes – we refer to these as strategies.
The aim was simple: to find ways to help others replicate success in their own careers and lives. Human beings are habitual creatures – we run our life on auto pilot most of the time – repeating the same things over and over again. It’s funny how life keeps repeating itself, right? When we change ‘how’ we think we can change our behaviour and thereby the results or outcome we get in a given area of our life.
It was Richard Bandler who aptly described NLP as an “instruction manual for the mind” and Psychology Today Magazine hails it as “arguably the most powerful Behavioural Science on the planet today”.
So, NLP stands for:
Neuro – refers to the mind, mindset & our thinking
Linguistic – refers to the use of language – verbally and non-verbal. One to One with others, one to many (e.g. presenting) and to ourselves (our internal dialogue).
Programming – refers to the way in which the brain operates – the 10-20,000 strategies we run in our mind each day (according to Neuro Scientists).
How can NLP Coaching help transform your life?
Ever heard the saying that our conscious mind is just the tip of the iceberg? Much like an iceberg where only a fraction is visible above the waterline, our conscious mind represents just a small portion of our cognitive processes. It’s the part of our mind we’re aware of, where we make conscious decisions and deliberate actions. However, beneath the surface lies our unconscious mind, which shapes the majority of our behaviours, often without us even realising it.
Like an iceberg, the vast majority of our thoughts, beliefs, and behaviours reside beneath the surface. They are driven by our unconscious mind & programming. The unconscious mind is the part of your mind that controls your heart rate, breathing and hormones – as well as holding your memories, beliefs, automatic programming, values and more. It’s your unconscious mind that holds the key to enabling you to make profound change that lasts.
Consider the metaphor of a computer. If you have a new computer it works well – efficiently, it doesn’t have the bugs and programmes run on it as expected. Over time things start to get less efficient and sometimes things no longer work as you’d like. Work with an NLP Coach is like embarking on the process of doing a metaphorical software update on your mind – just as you would on a computer. If you consider the ‘software’ or programmes you ran in your mind when you were a child, they are likely to not be the best programmes for you as an adult. So, a software upgrade could be really useful. That’s precisely why NLP Coaching excels.
How can NLP Coaching help you?
NLP coaching doesn’t simply tell you what to do; it offers keys to unlock the ‘how’ – a toolkit of techniques and strategies that tap into the vast potential of your unconscious mind. Here’s some examples of how NLP can help you:
- Mastering Your Mind: By using your unconscious mind to help you change your behaviour (your thoughts, feelings and actions), NLP coaching can help you identify and transform unhelpful beliefs and thought patterns. This process empowers you to gain control over your thoughts and break free from mental barriers.
- Emotional Control: Your unconscious mind plays a substantial role in your emotional responses. NLP provides tools to empower you to take back control over your emotions and behaviours, despite the challenges life may throw at you.
- Achieving Your Dreams: NLP leverages the power of outcome goal-setting techniques to help you gain clarity and align your motivation behind your goals. It helps you take dreams, turns them into actionable goals and then we take steps to enable you to remove thinking patterns that get in the way and helps you get the inside track to achieving it.
- Fulfilment in Life and Career: NLP Coaching helps you uncover your unconscious values and motivations – these are the things that may currently be blowing you off course. It’s possible with NLP for us to change these if needed and align them to your goals. When you are working in alignment with your values you’ll feel a greater sense of fulfilment in both your personal and professional life.
- Stress Management & wellbeing: NLP can enable you to significantly improve how you cope with stress and anxiety – it helps you build your resilience to life’s storms and improve your overall wellbeing. Removing unresolved negative emotions from the past that rear their head from time to time frees you up to make better decisions in any given moment.
- Confidence Boost: By addressing the underlying factors in the unconscious mind, you can quickly boost your confidence. It’s possible to build your trust in yourself and confidence in your decision making, whilst also building your courage to do what’s right for you.
If you are intrigued by the idea of delving deeper into your mind’s hidden potential and achieving transformation that goes beyond the surface, then I’m sure NLP could be the answer for you, like it was for me.
Are you ready to Elevate your Success with NLP?
What if you embarked on that a journey to finally get out of your own way and elevate your success? Perhaps you’re fed up with life being the way it is and have decided “enough is enough” it’s time to change? Imagine 5 years from now, when you’ve made the decision to take back control today, how different your life could be?
Picture the possibility of a reality where you have the power to choose your emotions, regardless of the external chaos, granting you unwavering control over your future. How would that feel?
What would those around you say to you if they observed you living your dreams with clarity and conviction, propelling you towards the life you’ve always wanted. What would you be saying to yourself?
How would your life be different? How would your income have changed? How would you work life balance be? What would you be able to achieve? What do you sense your motivation would be like?
If it’s time to embark on a journey of personal growth and unlock a brighter, more fulfilling future. Your transformation could begin right now with a simple step – booking your free consultation with Marie to explore whether one-to-one NLP Coaching is for you. Your transformation starts now, and your extraordinary future awaits!